livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Grass Fed Lamb

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: ryanvanderveen@excite.com, "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Grass Fed Lamb
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 06:58:21 -0400

As would I.  I have shetlands and like the Tamarack, they seem to do great on grass alone.
Norma

On 8/7/07, Ryan VanderVeen <ryanvanderveen@excite.com> wrote:
I have a flock of Tamarack Sheep and am impressed with their ability to convert grass to meat.
It amazes me how it is possible to select animals (cows, sheep, chickens, etc.) that thrive on as little input as green grass, clean water and sunshine but most farmers want to sock the grain to them, build big, fancy barns on concrete and have the vet out every other week keeping them drugged up!
I'd sure like to hear more about this lady milking sheep, getting 3-1/2 pounds of milk on grass that Aliza wrote about!

Ryan

--
Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation. - Andrew Murray

visit our farm site at: http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/

Check the latest farm photos at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sweetspringfarm