livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] popular misconceptions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] popular misconceptions
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:31:32 -0600

One misconception that I am only now clearing up is that it is not possible to provide an adequate diet from a vegetable garden.  We were taught that meat, or at least grain or dairy products are necessary for a healthy diet.  If you are still dependent on the agribusiness complex for those items, why bother with intensive gardening?

If, on the other hand, you can, by gardening, provide a complete and healthy diet with only fruits and vegetables, then intensive gardening is suddenly a lot more important.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz