livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] power tools & bought inputs/ Wheat is the new oil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Laura McKenzie" <laurabrownmckenzie@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] power tools & bought inputs/ Wheat is the new oil
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:47:49 -0500

Paul, the one power tool I really wish for is a chipper-shredder. As it stands now, we must let Mother Nature do her work on the brush. It takes 2 years typically. I'd really like wood mulch for the paths. It would be nice to have a chainsaw too. One year we had to hire a tree person to come and take down the nearly destroyed trees a hurricane damaged. If we had our own chainsaw, we'd only have to hire for the really huge jobs. We have nearly 100 more than 70 feet tall trees and hundreds of smaller ones.

But those are luxuries. We do ok without them.

I had to buy inputs at first since we had only subsoil to start with. But now less and less do we use maxicrop and such. In a couple of years we won't need anything, I'm hoping.

Laura
Laura's Homeschooling, Garden, and Genealogy Site
is found here: http://home.att.net/~ekyorigins