livingontheland - [Livingontheland] power tools & bought inputs/ Wheat is the new oil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] power tools & bought inputs/ Wheat is the new oil
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:49:41 -0600

My situation is I'm having to start from scratch this year, having
relocated recently. Not even planting this year, just building soil and
beds. After this, no-till. And all the compost and mulch are coming from
this property, no bought inputs. I'm 62 and if I can do it, not being an
expert or as widely experienced as some on this list, then almost anybody
can.

--Henry David Thoreau