livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Wheat is the new oil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Wheat is the new oil
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:39:27 -0600

As it is I'm working without any powered machinery. The day will come when
we need to do without, and plenty of people now need to grow who can't
afford a thousand dollars here and a thousand dollars there. We have a
tremendous advatage with the knowledge from so many sources, so we should
be able to do much better than our forebears, shouldn't we? Shouldn't we be
able to feed ourselves on an acre or less, without power tools?

--Henry David Thoreau