livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] with ownership comes responsibility/ commune wayof living

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Barbara Fischer" <cen12205@centurytel.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] with ownership comes responsibility/ commune wayof living
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:13:56 -0500

Here's another view.....I own a 80 acre farm in central Illinois which has
been in my father's family since 1869. I will NEVER sell it and have
entailed it so future generations will find it difficult to sell either.
The same family has lived on my farm for FOUR generations, though not owning
it. About two years ago the farmer had a heart attack and died at 47. The
wife continued to live there for a couple of years but the grown son was not
really interested in being a good farmer. I had to ask her to vacate and I
have spent $40,000 and 2 yrs reconditioning the house. I have a neighboring
farmer who farms the land. By Sept lst I will be interviewing possible
tenants. If any one might be interested, e-mail me
privately.....Merrythought Farm, AR

Barbara