livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] with ownership comes responsibility/ communeway of living

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "art corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] with ownership comes responsibility/ communeway of living
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:43:03 -0500

Marty,

I think you are absolutely correct. It goes a lot deeper than ownership of a
piece of land. Deep down I believe the fact that the Earth is actually our
mother. She cares for us and supplies everything we need. I think this is in
the back of most peoples mind even if they don't realize it. I was raised on
a farm and I have and always will have a special place in my heart for this
poor old earth. Maybe it is because I am part Native American but I feel a
special attraction between Mother Earth and myself. If we care for the earth
and take care of her she will always take care of us.

Art in Arkansas