livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol's Dirty Little Secrets ---

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol's Dirty Little Secrets ---
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:53:37 -0600

Well, Greg, if you've heard of *anyone* arguing there IS a realistic
substitute for oil based fuels, I haven't, and I've done a lot of
searching.

BTW I'm not even attempting to educate folks on peak oil. I mention it
because I think it's just a factor we need to take into account along with
others. I wouldn't begin to guess what the disaster trigger will be, or if
the middle class will just gradually slip further down until most of this
country is impoverished. My view is, I don't have to have a crystal ball
because, in any case, what many people need to be doing is protecting
themselves and their communities by simplifying, relearning skills their
great-grandparents had, and living on the land. They can fight the system
or work within the system, but none of that matters if they don't get a
life and gain some independence from the system.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net