livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] No-Till incomplet

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: A Deville <dreadkali@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] No-Till incomplet
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:59:25 -0700 (PDT)

 :To "Zack", "Paul" and et.al

    In regards to the concern about the ground being left bare within a "chicken tractor, I think that some of you are missing alot of the principles of its use! The chicken tractor is a" technique" under the umbrella of Permacultue,and it is designed to be used as "Paul" is doing,but the aim isnt to leave the ground bare,but to rotate the tractor,yet plant various quick growing seeds/plants in the spaces that was left temporaily bare when the tractor is moved,thus taking advantage of all the nutrients left by the chicken flock,etc. Idealy by the time the "tractor" completed it's rotation,and arrrived back to it's original starting place there would be adequeat food source for the flock/and or humans,and great option for soil building.
   Hope this shed some light.......Peace............."Dee"(PCD)

 . .