livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol's Dirty Little Secrets ---

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Greg Bell <gregbell@znet.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Ethanol's Dirty Little Secrets ---
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:31:22 +1000 (EST)

There is no realistic substitute for oil based fuels.

This is really a huge issue and probably beyond even Paul's formidable
abilities to introduce to everyone fully.

For anybody ready to jump down the rabbit hole, I highly recommend reading:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

What does it have to do with "living on the land"? Well, peak oil is a huge motivating factor for caring for the land properly, since plentiful and cheap oil has allowed us to abuse the land with unsustainable methods yet still grow our food production. This may end.

~gb