livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Terry Wereb <frosted-acres@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: activism98201@verizon.net, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Greywater chemistry
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 12:00:20 -0700 (PDT)

BINGO!!!!! 160 degrees for 3 days, turn, 160 degrees,
for three days something like that-- three or four
fheat up cycles-- eliminates the anaerobes, and then
you have compost--
the use of fresh manure, in organic gardening, is
exact by the helath department, as well-- not within
so many days of harvest-- that is to permit the
pathogens to be destroyed by slower, cooler
processes--Ihave a feeling thatpeople who object tothe
use of humanure or any manure are okay with picking a
wild berry and piopping it in their mouth-- not
knowing that some overhead critter just depositied
ins own FRESH manure on it!!!!

There is an old saying "everyoner eats a peck of
dirt in their lifetime" That "peck of dirt" is what
permits out immune systems todevelope and fuynction
properly. OVERSANITATION is just as bad, if not worse,
than unsanitary conditions!!!

Terry W

Terry