livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] e Small ScalRe: The Integrated Farmstead - AModel for Sustainable Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] e Small ScalRe: The Integrated Farmstead - AModel for Sustainable Agriculture
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 14:11:26 -0600

Right. His co-op is a better distribution solution. What we're working on
here is a better production solution, and my belief is humus-rich soil is the
key to making growing worthwhile and profitable. I rely on many sources for
this solution.

As you know I'm all for local. But in the not too distant future they may
have a security problem even with more or less local distribution. Hungry
people - or thieves trying to make a buck - can hijack food trucks. It's
harder to hijack your garden. Stealing home grown produce from the garden
would be slim pickings for thieves. Grow your own is ultimate local. And
harder for government dumdums to track. Just try to microchip my carrots ;-)

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net

The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933