livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] e Small ScalRe: The Integrated Farmstead - AModel for Sustainable Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] e Small ScalRe: The Integrated Farmstead - AModel for Sustainable Agriculture
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:43:05 -0600

I agree, Pat. I'm only saying that no method of distribution is going to
distribute more food than the growers supply, and the supply is going to be
the critical bottleneck. That's what concerns me and that's the reason for
this list.

I don't know anybody who grows all their own food; I certainly can't.
Civilization is based on trade aand specialization of labor. People who can
make harnesses or lay brick should do that, and let those who can grow do
the growing. I have no intention of producing wheat or milk. I like hot
chocolate but I'll never grow cocoa. I think you'll agree that millions more
should be growing what they can. You've had more to say about container
gardening than anyone else I've seen on the Internet.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry