livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] e Small ScalRe: The Integrated Farmstead - AModel for Sustainable Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] e Small ScalRe: The Integrated Farmstead - AModel for Sustainable Agriculture
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 00:14:09 -0600

But we're still eating our frozen roma beans and tomatoes from last summer,
grown in our garden. If that isn't local, what is? Some root crops can be
kept for months in a cool place, all for eating out of season. Who said
frozen, dried, or otherwise preserved food isn't local?

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry