livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Small Scale Integrated Farmstead - A Model for Sustainable Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Small Scale Integrated Farmstead - A Model for Sustainable Agriculture
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:24:00 -0600

And that water is already being targeted by other areas as aquifers fall.
Freshwater may soon command a higher price than oil. Without oil you can't
grow with agricultural machinery. Without water, you can't grow at all.

The real problem is the future cost of electricity for air conditioning. It's
103 today in Phoenix. What a waste. It's 74 here just east of Albuquerque.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our
most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its
renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry