internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:02:35 -0700

All items listed below are great advice. I prefer VMWare Fusion to
Parallels. The breakdown is that most "engineering-types" prefer Fusion
whereas most "normal-users" prefer Parallels. Both seem to get the job
done, but Fusion allows you to install other operating systems (besides
Microsoft Windows).

If money is truly a consideration, then you should go for more installed
RAM (from Other World Computing) instead of the small processor bump. If
you can afford both, then go for it. Remember, you'll be driving this
machine for a long time, so make sure you like the features.

Congrats on getting a Mac, btw! :)