internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:41:54 -0400

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Susan
LaBarre<idodesignforchange AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Also... any preference to windows xp portal ap: VM Ware Fusion vs Parallels
> Desktop. Price is same, so it's a matter of which program performs better. I
> expect to continue using my windows version of Outlook, Word, and Excel. (I
> could switch to Neo Office, but as a contractor, I don't want to get rusty
> on my windows skills.)

When they first came out there were some things Fusion did better than
Parallels and some things Parallels did better than Fusion. These days,
however, they're pretty much at parity feature-wise. I believe both of them
will let you test drive them, so try both out and see which one you like
better.
(For myself, I've actually got both but use VMWare Fusion.)

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace