internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:42:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Susan LaBarre wrote:
Also... any preference to windows xp portal ap: VM Ware Fusion vs Parallels
Desktop. Price is same, so it's a matter of which program performs better. I
expect to continue using my windows version of Outlook, Word, and Excel. (I
could switch to Neo Office, but as a contractor, I don't want to get rusty
on my windows skills.)

Any help in deciding this quickly will be greatly appreciated!!

I personally use Parallels and am very happy. As for the machine the biggest thing that is gonna help is going to be actual RAM. Dn't pay Apples prices though. Go to Other World Computing and get their upgrades. http://eshop.macsales.com/
Best place to buy Mac memory...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
Rod-O-Rama http://www.rod-o-rama.com
Vagabonds C.C. http://www.vagabonds.cc
'57 Buick Riviera, '60 International B100
'23 Buick Roadster, '38 Buick Coupe