internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: david cherryholmes <david.cherryholmes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:55:15 -0400

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Roger Austin<raustin3 AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
> ---- Susan LaBarre <idodesignforchange AT gmail.com> wrote:
>> (LOL... I can almost hear the geeks on this list murmuring..."what's wrong
>> with DOS mode?")
>
> How did you know what we were thinking? What's wrong with the command line?
> I miss CPM...

I'm a long time linux user who is about to be given a macbook pro from
a new employer. I think I'll dual-boot it with ubuntu, but might just
run it in a vm and stay in that vm all the time, but I'm also
considering at least giving os x a shot as my full time OS. I'm not
that inclined, though, since I'm not actually that crazy about Jobs'
attitude, nor some of the configuration choices that are forced on
you. Of course I'm mostly basing this on hearsay, so anybody who is
first and foremost a linux desktop user, that switched to mac or runs
linux on mac currently, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

--
David Cherryholmes

"Without content companies, there would be nothing on the internet!
Just as without pimps, sex would never have been invented."