internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <paulcory AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Users: Mac Book Pro 15"... 2.5 or 2.8?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:34:40 -0400

>> Any help in deciding this quickly will be greatly appreciated!!

Get the 2.8 version. Not so much for the processor, but for the
increased RAM on the video card. That will help with Photoshop.

I use VMWare Fusion at home and Parallels at work. I personally prefer
Fusion, but I do not have the latest version of Parallels at work to
compare with.

I second the recommendations to 1) Upgrade your RAM to the max, and 2)
get that RAM upgrade from Other World (http://eshop.macsales.com/).

I'd also plan to spend about $100 or so (online) for an 1 TB USB 2
external hard drive to use for TimeMachine Backups.

Paul