internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] What's Your Idea for an iPhone Application?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] What's Your Idea for an iPhone Application?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:49:22 -0400

El Jobso said directly, in regards to the question of "Will VoIP apps be allowed?" that not over edge, but over WiFi, sure.

T-Mobile has something like that, where it switches off from VoIP over home WiFi to the cell network, even mid-call. I've heard it even works pretty well.

~ian

ps: keep in mind that the "iPhone 2.0" coming in June was announced as a software upgrade for existing hardware. When new hardware will show up is still anyone's guess.