internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] INW as TriLUG's OT "dumping ground"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] INW as TriLUG's OT "dumping ground"
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:39:36 -0400

On 6/1/07, Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com> wrote:
It has been expressed that replying to OT posts with something along
the lines of "This doesn't belong here, check out the InterNetWorkers
list" would be treating INW as TriLUG's "Dumping Ground". I disagree.

For the record, I was the one who stated that INW is not TriLUG's
dumping ground. Ian also characterizes how things were expressed.
I have no problem with "This doesn't belong here, check out the
InternetWorkers list". That's perfectly fine. Instead, what the person
in question was trying to do was move an already started thread
over to INW by CCing INW and asking everyone on the trilug list
to drop it. I have a problem with this because it brings the INW (who
are not a strict subset of the TriLUG group) into the middle of a
thread and makes people wonder what the heck is up.

So, short summary: Starting up new threads on INW, ok. Moving
threads from TriLUG to INW, not ok, at least to me. Others are
more than welcome to disagree with me.

Cheers,
Tanner

--