internetworkers - [internetworkers] INW as TriLUG's OT "dumping ground"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] INW as TriLUG's OT "dumping ground"
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:43:00 -0400

Hello everyone!

As you may or may not know. I ended up on this list as a result of a search for tamales that I posted as OT to the TriLUG mailing list. I got a couple replies there and a nicely-worded "Hey, you might check out INW for things like this..."

There's some turmoil going on over there in TriLUG-land with people complaining about OT posting volumes, and people complaining about the complainers and so on and so forth.

It has been expressed that replying to OT posts with something along the lines of "This doesn't belong here, check out the InterNetWorkers list" would be treating INW as TriLUG's "Dumping Ground". I disagree.

So would anyone here have a problem with OT posters on the TriLUG list being referred to this as a potential venue for their discussions?

~ian