internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] how can I id a user?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] how can I id a user?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:20:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
I want to gather some web visitor information, but I'd like to do so behind
the scenes.
To do that, I can use either coldFusion, javaScript, or flash actionScript,
or a combination of all. I know just the IP address won't be enough, so
what else can I get from the user without having to use cookies?
Any way to get something from the BIOS, or registry like info, that would
work cross-platform?

No, absolutely not. Would you like to mention what website you'll
be doing this for so I can add it to my list of blocked websites that
I will never, ever, ever visit?

Ditto over here...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1960 International B100
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport