internetworkers - [internetworkers] how can I id a user?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "marcia AT nc.rr.com" <marcia AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] how can I id a user?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:28:57 -0400

Hello all,

I want to gather some web visitor information, but I'd like to do so behind
the scenes.

To do that, I can use either coldFusion, javaScript, or flash actionScript,
or a combination of all. I know just the IP address won't be enough, so
what else can I get from the user without having to use cookies?

Any way to get something from the BIOS, or registry like info, that would
work cross-platform?

Thanks!
Marcia

http://mail2web.com/ .