internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Need advice on laptop microphone

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Ray <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: calvin AT cspowers.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Need advice on laptop microphone
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:41:47 -0400

there are some really cool USB devices that let you plug in standard XLR mics and get pro quality at radio shaft prices.  me thinks you might get pro tools bundled with some of them.  otherwise, you're looking at a radio shaft mic with 1/8" phone plug...
Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
toll free: 800-617-7652
cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Technologies.  Established in the Carolinas 1997.

Calvin Powers wrote:
Howdy all,

I have to creae an audio file for a demonstration at work, which means I need some sort of microphone for my laptop/PC. I don't expect to need to record music or anything like that. Just voice/speaking.

Anyone have any recommendations? While I'm not necessarily looking for professional grade equipment, I am willing to spend a bit more for quality because one of the things I'd like to get into is podcasting/radio production, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Calvin

begin:vcard
fn:Jim Ray
n:Ray;Jim
org:Neuse River Network, Inc.
adr:;;2610 Vanderbilt Ave.;Raleigh;NC;27607-7247;US
email;internet:jim AT neuse.net
title:President
tel;work:919-838-1672 x111
note:Ask about our Clean Technologies.  Established in the Carolinas 1997.
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.neuse.net
version:2.1
end:vcard