internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:07:48 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

50% General American English
30% Dixie
20% Yankee
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

I have no idea how the Yankee got in there. Please don't tell my mother!
She'll blame Daddy, even though he's a WV Mountaineer through and through and
happily stays south of The Line. ("Daddy" is a true southernism, as I found
out a couple years ago when I referred to my father as such during a
conversation with a Canadian, who probably is still chuckling. I had severe
problems with spelling throughout school; I think it's due to Mom's southern
accent (Tidewater VA and up-east NC), which tends to make all vowels sound
like "ah"....) ~B