internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:17:29 -0400 (EDT)

Tony Spencer said:

Interesting. I never really heard a hick use that term.

I have heard some good ole' boys refer to it as 'sody pop' although I think
you'll only hear that from older folks these days.

Yeah, I mostly hear 'sody pop' at family reunions from my dad's generation... the ones that stayed in the mountains instead of moving
to the cities. Hey.... Tony, have you been hitting on my cousin
again? I done told you she's mine.

--s