internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] What type of English do you speak?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:28:21 -0400

You must not be from deep enough South. There are some real gems :-)

On 4/28/05, matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org> wrote:
You must be a True Southerner then.  For all the colloquialisms I've
heard/adopted, this is one I've missed up til now.

On Apr 28, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Tony Spencer wrote:

> I always heard that 'devil beating his wife' was when it was raining
> at the same time that the sun was shining.

>>> 15% Dixie
>>> 5% Midwestern
>>> 0% Upper Midwestern
>>> 0% Yankee
>>>
>>> Strangely enough my "southern" wife rated higher in both the Yankee
>>> and Dixie categories...

---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!  http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Evan