internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:11:22 -0500

thomas wrote:

There is a fairly significant body of law on this, known as "Substantive
Due Process", and which deals with limitations on the power of Congress
to do stuff. Needless to say, the courts generally give the Congress a
lot of leeway with this.

Yes, but that doesn't make it right. And remember "We the People" have
the ultimate / fundamental / primordial powers. Or at least I (and many others) contend that we do. The men who wrote the Declaration of Independence thought so. So "We the People" can over-rule the courts.

Well, there is clause 3, the Commerce Clause: "To regulate Commerce
with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian
Tribes. . . ." That would be the loophole you can drive a herd of
camels through.

Yes, and they've used it for exactly that purpose. Again, I argue that
they've intentionally mis-interpreted that... now the trick is to convince enough other people to feel the same way, so we can do
something about it.

TTYL,

Phil
--