internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:18:55 -0500

thomas wrote:

Promoting the General Welfare is not a specific Power, but it is the
underlying reason for the Powers laid out in Article I. A strict
reading of Article I would make it nearly impossible for Congress to
provide for the general welfare.

Hah... you're a sneaky one. No wonder you're a lawyer! I just now
noticed that you switched words on us. The preamble reads "promote the general Welfare," not "provide the general Welfare."

Promoting something and providing something are two different things, as I'm sure you're well aware. I spend a lot of time promoting the
Libertarian Party... it wouldn't even make sense to speak of me
"providing the Libertarian Party."

TTYL,

Phil
--