internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:35:45 -0500 (EST)

| Not one of those powers says anything about regulating
| what medicine or drugs a person can use. Hence, the
| FDA is a totally unconstitutional agency and should
| not exist. As well, every Federal drug law is
| unconstitutional, and hence is null and void.

Where does it say that /only/ the states may regulate the manufacture and distribution of medicines?

I'm not sure I follow what interstate commerce has to do with the regulations around FDA approval of drugs.

And where does it say that the Feds can decide what plants I may or may not grow in my garden? I understand that the Commerce clause can
limit me from selling to my buddy in Virginia, but just plain *growin* the thing??
Please.

--s
*looooooooooooooooong inhale* *gurgling of the bong*