internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] roll call

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael <michael AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] roll call
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:00:35 -0500 (EST)

->What is your name?

Michael Williams (a proud member of The Michael Williams Coalition - we used to have a mailing list, but I think it died).

->Where do you live?

Durham, also right around the corner from Ray's Elbow Room.

->What do you do?

I'm the change-control team lead for a team of firewall admins for an ISP in RTP.

->What do you /really/ do?

Play videogames. Read. Write (I just finished my 2nd National Novel Writing Month effort - http://www.nanowrimo.org). Garden half-assedly. Play RPGs (Vampire, D&D, Trinity, whatever - I have a strong preference for White Wolf's d10 system, but I think the d20 system is entirely acceptable these days). Watch movies with my boyfriend. Pet the cat. Spoil the cat, more accurately. Try red wines. Eat cheese, because I am addicted to it. Talk books and politics and videogames with friends. Travel, when I make time for it. Play more videogames. Read more. Eat more cheese. Make sacrifice to the god which is TiVo. Listen to music (pretty much anything but country, though I have a preference for weird rock, goth whatever, seemingly hallucinatory lounge vocals, electronica, EBM and the various flavors of techno). Drive random backroads to see where they go.

->What is your quest?

To take a nap.

--
Michael Williams "Also, there's a monkey in a diaper with michael AT ibiblio.org a machine gun. I don't understand www.ibiblio.org/michael it at all. But it's on your side."