internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] mac non use

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] mac non use
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:52:33 -0500

Um. theres bigger problems there that you're obviously no addressing.
This isn't a rech support place, so I'm not going into it, but...
*cough*http://forums.osxfaq.com*cough*

Seriously, one bad experience with your mac Tony, doesn't make them
all bad. My iMac, an Original, Bondi Blue, 233 MHz, is currently
running OS X, 10.3.5, with 320 megs of ram, and has been doing so for,
oh... 55 days straight. With mail.app, adium, netnewswire, iTunes
(With sharing), and other small appe running 24/7.

Don: I'll tell it straight. OS 9 was, well, a pain in the ass.
Seriously. I didn't much like it, but I liked windows less (hmm,
reminds me of a certain recent election). It *does* matter. If they
were using OS 9, thats like me saying Windows XP sucks because my
mom's 98 SE box locks up all the time and takes an hour to boot. But I
don't say that. I say that 98 sucks.

And honestly, if your $600 PC is working for you, great. Go for it.
Keep it. Just keep an open mind when it comes time to get a new one.
And I see where you're going with the games and stuff. Flash? Check.
Bryce? I think check, not sure. Video? Windows Movie whatever has
nothing on iMovie. Seriously. MS Office? Its better on the Mac, at
least according to the MS rep who presented to PackMUG last month.
Deus Ex, I think so. Warcraft? Definitey. (for that matter, *every*
Blizzard game, ever, has been simultaneously released on Mac and PC.)

I can go on with my life and my posts not really caring that you use a
PC. I hope that you can do the same about me and my mac. I just think
I love my mac a little more than you love your PC.

~ian