internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RE: Erection (Nader)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Allman <jim AT ibang.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RE: Erection (Nader)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:33:02 -0500

On Nov 5, 2004, at 11:32 AM, zman wrote:
Nader made his name and career wit a book called "unsafe at any speed" about the Chevy Corvair. In the book he tries to say the car is "unsafe at any speed" This was merely because of the weight bias of a rear engine car, and that it handled differently than a front engine car. Think Porsche, VW, and Lamborghini. Of course Porsche even did the design work for the Corvair. He parlayed this into a career. Notice he only went after Chevy and not any of the other manufacturers. It's akin to the BS they were trying to pull a few years ago with Suzuki and Jeep, notice they didn't pick on any of the other UV manufactures

Sorry to be dense, but what's the pattern? And what does it imply about his master plan?

I'll grant that he may have overstated the risk of the Corvair (I'm not enough into cars to venture an opinion), but I think the notion of Nader as a self-serving careerist is funny. Hasn't the guy lived like a crusading monk his whole life? With his background, he could easily have become a corporate lawyer and eaten lobster for lunch every day.

=jimA=

Jim Allman
Interrobang Digital Media
http://www.ibang.com/