internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RE: Erection

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RE: Erection
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:13:42 -0500

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:01:59 -0500, Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
wrote:

> So if you are Professive and you Want Your Country Back, it is time to
> start reading the Christian Bible. It is the only way you will
> understand the Red State frame of reference. It is the only way you can
> remind the citizens of Jesusland that Jesus preached a Gospel of love
> and compassion, and adamantly opposed the Pharisees (the legalistic,
> politically powerful religious fundamentalists of his day).

I grew up in an extremly religious family. I went to denominational
schools from
first grade through college, and I've studied the Bible quite a bit. That
said,
I don't understand the "morality" and christian conservatives today. They
pick and choose the portions of the Bible that agree with what they want
to project and conveniently ignore and sweep under the table everything else.

Thomas, I think you're on the right track there. The God I grew up with
understood tolerance and compassion much more than the people I
see pushing anti-gay constitutional amendments. What happened to
"Judge not, lest ye be judged"? Instead we have the inquisition (lite, so
far)
where if you don't believe what I do you must be evil incarnate and laws must
be passed to guarantee morality. That's what scares me the most about
this election.

Tanner