internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RE: Erection

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RE: Erection
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:55:37 -0500

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 22:47:57 -0500, James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

> PS: Am I in the distinct minority of people on the list who have ever
> voted for a Libertarian presidential candidate? Or down-ballot
> Libertarians?

I voted for Harry Browne in 2000. I couldn't vote for Badnarik this
time however,
because of one of the central platforms of his candidacy: removing the troops
in Iraq within 90 days. No matter what you may think about how the war
started,
the simple truth now is that we're there and we need to finish what we
started.
Pulling out right away would be like knocking a girl up and then leaving
before
the child was born. It's just not right, and because of that I
couldn't support him.
I admire the point he's trying to make, and people have made the point that if
he had been elected he probably wouldn't have been able to keep that promise,
but that doesn't endear me towards voting for a candidate either...

Cheers,
Tanner