internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Fox News at it yet again

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Fox News at it yet again
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:34:41 -0400

It cracks me up when all my liberal friends continue to send me evidence
that Fox News has a conservative slant. No shit! Yes I'm aware of the
taglines (Fair and Balanced) but I watch the network regularly and they make
no bones about it! They regularly refer to themselves as conservative. Its
not something Fox News is trying to hide. They saw a niche and have
cleverly filled it and what a niche it has turned out to be. The ratings
are hard to dispute:

NEW YORK -- For the first time in its history, Fox News Channel beat
the combined competition in primetime during the third quarter of
2004, with major headlines of the summer including the national
political conventions and a brutal string of hurricanes.

According to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News averaged 1.8 million
viewers, while CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and Headline News averaged a combined
total of 1.7 million. The quarter ended Sunday.

CNN came in a distant second, averaging 882,000 viewers, while MSNBC
drew 421,000. Headline News averaged 226,000 in primetime, and CNBC
attracted a paltry 133,000.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1951&ncid=2019&e=1&u=/variet
y/20040928/va_tv_ne/fox_news_beats_all_rivals