internetworkers - [internetworkers] Fox News at it yet again

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Fox News at it yet again
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:43:06 -0400

Since no one has mentioned it, I thought I would.

Carl Cameron, Fox News' chief political correspondent, wrote a fictitious
story titled "The Metrosexual and the Cowboy" and posted it on their website
on October 1. In that story he referred to Kerry as a "metrosexual who does
manicures."

He also quoted Kerry as telling rally goers "Didn't my nails and cuticles
look great? What a good debate!" and at another point "I'm metrosexual --
he's a cowboy."

According to Fox News, the piece was just a joke and should have never been
published. Cameron was "reprimanded" but Fox didn't disclose what
discipline if any he faced.

It is bad enough that Fox News even employees Cameron. Currently they use
him as their fair and unbiased reporter, in contrast to their other cheer
leaders. I figured after the OutFoxed Documentary showed his bias, he would
tone it down, but apparently not. Add to that, his wife Pauline Cameron
works for or has worked for the Bush campaign. And even all this isn't
enough for Fox News to sideline him or fire him.