internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Searching Production/Video Hardware Studio

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Searching Production/Video Hardware Studio
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:48:41 -0400

On 10/6/04 7:38 PM, "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, zman wrote:
> ->
> ->On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, K. Jo Garner wrote:
> ->> You might start with calling Peace Camera (www.peacecamera.com, the
> store
> ->> formerly known as Southeastern Camera) or Centerline Productions (also
> in
> ->> Raleigh); although neither to my knowledge have rentals of video
> ->> equipment, they would likely know where to point you.
> ->
> ->Southeastern Camera is alive and well and in Cary now. There was a split
> ->with the owners and the "personable" one opened a store and Cary and kept
> ->the name the "other" guy kept the location. But I would say your best bet
> ->may be A/V Metro 233-1901 or SOUTHEASTERN SIGHT & SOUND INC 821-9994
>
> AFAIK there is also a location in Carrboro that is owned by the other guy.
> Personable or not there is far less crap in the store now (and I mean
> crap) making it lots easier to find things.
>
> My answer is Raleigh-centric, meant to say "Peace St location". Etc.

To make it easier, you can refer to them by their names. Tony owns the three
SE Camera locations (Cary, Carrboro, and Wilmington), while Todd owns Peace
Camera in Raleigh.

Tony and I were roommates at UNC in the late 80's, and he is a very honest
guy. I have been buying camera gear from him since he opened his first store
in 1994 (in Chapel Hill).

David