internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Genetically modified foods - (was fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Best" <mbest AT dasya.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Genetically modified foods - (was fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!)
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:14:51 -0400

Regarding herbicide resistance, I remember reading an article about some of
the different cases of this. Apparently, in one case, the company used
radiation to randomly alter DNA in seeds and then tested the resulting
plants for herbicide resistance. After many tries they found what they
wanted. Because of the method used, this particular plant was not
considered genetically modified.

-- Michael Best