internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Wired: outsourcing is good

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <s_l AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Wired: outsourcing is good
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:03:44 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I understand this argument but I don't think it holds up because it ignores
the invisible hand of competitive pressure. Why should a company select one
sweatshop over another? Because one sweatshop can market its expertise in
being able to suggest product enhancements, design changes to less the cost
of production, or the use of advanced manufacturing techniques. Yes, i know
such an entity would no longer be a sweatshop by implied definiton but such
an outsource provider can charge a premium.

- SL