internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Give...help some students

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <dianaduncan AT contentdb.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Give...help some students
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:27:25 -0400

On Wednesday, Apr 14, 2004, at 18:43 US/Eastern, Debra Chamra wrote:

And we're especially interested in those who have never skied.

I would have liked to explain why I've never skied nor am I likely to...

My mom grew up in Utah and was an avid skier. Then, when she was 18 she took a very bad spill down an icy slope, breaking her leg in several places. She was in a body cast for about a year, and to this day has pin marks and a pretty scary scar. When your mother can't hold you on her lap for long periods of time due to a skiing injury, you tend not to be that interested in the sport. Neither me nor my two siblings have ever even considered it, that I know of.

Anyway, no real point to the post, just felt like sharing. :)

Diana