internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac for dummies

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac for dummies
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:38:27 -0400

Sil Greene said the following on 4/13/04 11:14 AM:

At least the Honda, when it goes to the shop, doesn't cost three arms and a leg to fix. And Hondas tend to stay out of the shop most of the time.

Well, Hondas do now, but they apparently didn't start out that way.
I know of at least one repair shop (in TN) that used to refuse to work on
Hondas because of bad experiences they had with them in the mid 80s.
Apparently they would blow head gaskets regularly. However, I've sinced
talked to my mechanic friend from there and he informs me that apparently
Honda fixed that a long time ago. So, as much as I hate to make the
comparison, you might compare Honda to Microsoft in that they started
out with something sucky and gradually got better and better.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
.sig wonders what kind of car you'd compare Open Source/Free Software to.