internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Give...help some students

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Give...help some students
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:27:08 -0400

Roger Austin wrote:

Sadly, this requires Javascript to be on so I won't be a
participant. I wonder why developers always seem to want to
use Javascript to develop web sites. Do most of you have
Javascript enabled while you surf?

I do surf with it on, and can't imagine any particularly good
reason not too, truth be told.

OTOH, I develop web applications at work, and I try to avoid
utilizing javascript as much as possible because:

1. cross-browser compatibility problems
2. people who surf with it disabled

so with that in mind, I'll use javascript, but never in such
a way that any functionality is unavailable if javascript is
disabled. So we use it for eye-candy, for client-side form
validation (still validate on the server as well, but we try
to save the round-trip where possible), etc.

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org