internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Economic growth figures rigged?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Economic growth figures rigged?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:33:23 -0400

On Apr 12, 2004, at 3:52 PM, Tony Spencer wrote:

But it's hard to argue with the numbers released 10 days ago. When
economists expect 123,000 new jobs and the labor department reports 308,000
new jobs I'd say it's a huge stretch to characterize job growth as "poor".

Net job figures fluctuate from month to month and don't mean anything. Its still too early to tell if job creation has increased. Even if we had job growth of 308,000 every month for the foreseeable future it would take three years to replenish all of the jobs lost in the previous two years.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC