internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Economic growth figures rigged?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Economic growth figures rigged?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:19:12 -0400

On Apr 12, 2004, at 4:43 PM, Tony Spencer wrote:

Well that is true but new jobs have been created every month for the past 7
months. Economists are now predicting growth of about 150,000 jobs over the
next several months, rising to 200,000 by the end of the year. Unemployment
claims are at the lowest level in over 3 years.

It is true that new jobs have been created every three month for the past month. The only problem is according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics is more jobs were lost than were created in all quarters of 2002.

My numbers come from http://www.bls.gov

Click on "Where can I find the new information on job gains and losses" and then subtract the gross number of job losses from the gross number of job gains.

They didn't have the complete revised figures for Q1 2003, so I can't comment on that.

I'll assume you meant that there was a net job gain in every month for the past seven months, a period that would include part of Q32003 through Q12004. If so, where did you find that info?

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC