internetworkers - Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:29:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> Well, start with the apple juice concentrate from which they're made,
> the added sugars (corn syrup), the artificial carbonation, and the
> insipid flavor. Need I go on?

Yes you do, please feel free to.

> You haven't had real cider then.

Compared to fake cider I suppose. I myself have had what you call "real"
cider and I prefer the Woodchuck Amber. Not to be confused with the Dark
and Dry or the Granny Smith.

> You're comparing cat piss to dog piss here. It's all still piss.

I think you know entirely to much about piss, this worries me.

> I shudder to think! :p
>
> There are a number of good ciders that are impossible to get in NC.
> Most of them are made on a smaller scale, a few in the U.S., some of
> them are from France or England. I hear that Hard Core, the Boston
> Brewing Co. brand, is not bad, but I haven't been able to find any here
> or in DC.

I carried the Hardcore at one time it is no better or worse than the
readily available brands.

> > And both of them are a heck of a lot better than any beer. O:-)
> Hope you escape the notice of the beer lovers on
> this list. :D

There are very few beers worth drinking. I myslef prefer a cider or two,
or a shandy.
Bullocks to the Natural Light drinkers...

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com