internetworkers - Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 00:54:04 -0400

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
Thomas Beckett said the following on 4/5/04 11:27 PM:
Cider lovers probably wouldn't love what they have on tap. I'm assuming that would be Woodchuck or Woodpecker or similar swill, as I've never seen anything other than those two brands on tap in NC.

And, the problem is what, exactly?

Well, start with the apple juice concentrate from which they're made,
the added sugars (corn syrup), the artificial carbonation, and the
insipid flavor. Need I go on?

Those, for me at least, happen to
be two of the better brands I've had.

You haven't had real cider then.

They're most certainly better
than the cat p*ss called Cider Jack. Hornsby's dark and dry is probably
about par, but none of the other Hornsbys.

You're comparing cat piss to dog piss here. It's all still piss.

Granted, I've never had cider anywhere in the UK, but as far as US
ciders go you can do a *lot* worse than Woodchuck and Woodpecker.

I shudder to think! :p

There are a number of good ciders that are impossible to get in NC.
Most of them are made on a smaller scale, a few in the U.S., some of
them are from France or England. I hear that Hard Core, the Boston
Brewing Co. brand, is not bad, but I haven't been able to find any here
or in DC.

And both of them are a heck of a lot better than any beer. O:-)

Now you've really gone and done it. One of the core mission elements of
INW is drinking beer. Hope you escape the notice of the beer lovers on
this list. :D

TaB