internetworkers - Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:37:40 -0400 (EDT)

Reported 04.04.06 00:54 from Thomas Beckett:
.:Tanner Lovelace wrote:

.:> And both of them are a heck of a lot better than any beer. O:-)
.:
.:Now you've really gone and done it. One of the core mission elements of
.:INW is drinking beer. Hope you escape the notice of the beer lovers on
.:this list. :D
.:

Now, now. I'd say drinking cider, of whatever stripe, fulfills the
mission at least as well as some beers. Are we snobs who say our mission
is drinking good microbrew? No! Our uber-intelligencia may be snooty
when it comes to our own tasty beverage, but we're not kicking anyone out
for their Budweiser or PBR (OR Woodchuck). If you want to drink
horse-piss, or cat-piss, or dog-piss, man, that's all you. I'll toast
your PBR with my Dead Guy Ale.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)